Throughout my practice as a creative industries and performing arts specialist and coach I am often asked:
Do I need a mentor? How will it help my creative career, enterprise or business?
In this video, I explain the importance and benefits of mentoring in the creative industries.
Some of the topics covered here are:
* The Benefits of Mentoring in the Performing Arts Business with Tomorr Kokona
* The importance of mentors in the creative and cultural industries.
* The specific skills and experiences needed to be a mentor in the creative industries.
* The importance of a tailor-made framework and personalised approach needed when mentoring artists and creative people.
* Fostering enterprise and business skills for success in the creative people by planning, identifying resources and building partnerships.
* The importance of brokering transnational relationships and collaborations between artists in the performing arts and creative businesses.
* The importance of learning and qualifications other than those gained through the artistic and creative formal education.